I don't do Twitter, because I already have too many time-sucks in my life, but here are my responses to Twitter interview questions posed for an Indie book event:
1. Favorite book as a child?
Chronicles of Narnia
2. What are you reading right now?
The Swan Thieves by Elizabeth Kostova
3. Why independent bookstores matter?
They read! There is no higher honor than being an Indie Bookstore "staff pick."
4. Favorite part of writing a book?
The ending--I write it first.
5. Least favorite part of writing a book
6. Are you working on anything new?
Yes-revising a new novel. Hope to be done by end of April.
7. Do you have any superstitions, lucky charms, or rituals around your writing?
8. Comment on the writing life...
The writing life: worth every contortion and sacrifice I’ve had to make to claim it! 🙂
9. Why do you write?
Can’t help it.
10. When do you write?
Fridays + whatever other time I can steal.
11. When did you know you were a writer?
12. What is your favorite food?
Greens. Chard, kale, spinach--you name it.
13. Other items on the bucket list?
Take a poetry class; make a documentary film; spend a summer in Wales.